Carport kits are becoming very popular as they are very DIY friendly. With a carport kit you will be able to erect a well engineered carport in just a few hours as if you were a professional, owing to the easy-to-follow instructions that come along with the kits. There is a wide variety of carport kits to select from ranging from kits in wood, plastic, metal to just get a canvas cover.
The metal carport kits come with metal that is galvanized so that the steel can withstand all weather conditions. Metal carport kits are the most ideal to install in your homes as they are more durable, although they cost more they are a worthy investment. Another good part is that the metal carport kits come with some warranties that cover for any damages on frames and poles. One thing that makes metal carport kits very convenient is that their frames come with some interlocking joints that allow you to join frames without using special tools so you will be able to put up the structure even when you are not familiar with construction work.
If you are familiar with engineering it will be interesting to know that the steel rods that are used are 14 gauge steel rods which have undergone some rigorous metal strength tests that have shown the metal rods to withstand pressures of up to 50 000 psi. Therefore structures made from such carport kits will be very strong and withstand any outside pressures that can come as accident. Since the steel is galvanised it will not corrode, therefore making it ideal to use in regions that are subject to high levels of moisture i.e. rain and snow.
You have the choice of choosing between the regular carport kits which will make a standard carport that is enough for one saloon car or SUV truck. There are also other much bigger carport kits which can be used to construct much bigger carports. These carport kits are designed to fix carports that can house as much as 10 cars which will be ideal for a business parking area. These carport kits can also be used to make shades for barns as well shades on races for livestock. So you can make any shade with these carport kits and the good thing about it is you will not require any special skill.
There are several firms that manufacture and sell carport kits. Some of these are as follows:
- 1. Carport Kit Company : This Company is in business since 1995, catering to residential and commercial requirements. All their products are shipped directly from the manufacturer to anywhere in continental United States.
- 2. Shedmakers : One of Australia’s well known car port suppliers. Among the varieties offered by them are Carport Dutch Gable Roof, Gable Car Port and Car Port Flat Roof. They use their patented ultraframe technology in all their products including car ports.
- 3. Ozsteel Garages and Sheds - Their carports are known for their sturdiness, and their customers take satisfaction from the fact that blueport steel used in their products comes with a fifteen year warranty.
- 4. Sheds Galore is an Australian company based out of Queensland. They have been manufactured by them since 2001, and have been widely appreciated by their users. Sheds galore specialise in customising their products according to their clients’ requirements.
- 5. Shanghai Jiangling Doors & Windows Manufacture Co. Ltd: This firm is famous in China. With more than 10 years in this business, they offer best quality carport kits.