Portable shelters are those covered structures made of fabric, plastic, and the like to protect your things are stuff like vehicles, animals, workshops, greenhouses, etc. Unlike the permanent fixed shelters, you can dismantle the portable ones, and re-erect it elsewhere. Portable shelter are resistant to the harsh and extreme of weathers and can be multi-purpose servers. For example, you can use a truck shelter to protect your car, motorbike, plants, pets, etc. but now you can find shelters for these specific purposes also.
As the portable shelters are mostly for outdoor purposes, these are manufactured in ways to withstand the extreme climatic conditions and UV rays. Different companies make the covers with different materials. The frames are also made out of rust proof and durable, strong materials. Since the shelters are portable, the locking systems and installation procedures are usually easy.
There are companies manufacturing shelters alone. They offer wide varieties of shelters for different purposes. Most of them have websites from where you can order online also. A few of them are listed here.
- 1. Portable Shelters is one such company and offers a complete line of portable shelters of high quality. They have the products in standard as well as custom sizes also. The products are highly resistant to all the weathers. Portable Shelters offer products ranging from Instant Garages to Greenhouse Kits, Horse Barns to Disaster Relief Screen Houses, and Temporary Buildings to Airplane Hangars. You can visit their website at portableshelters.com
- 2. Another leading supplier of portable shelters is Weatherhaven. They also undertake the work of installing the customized sheltered for commercial, military, and medical purposes. Their types of shelters range from construction camps, fabric shelters, military tents and camps, field kitchens, workshops, field hospitals, portable surgical centers, and more. Browse through weatherhaven.com
- 3. MDM shelters provide garages that are made out of heavy duty galvanized steel frames and fabric with UV protection and a black scrim inside, which increases the durability. These are suitable for agricultural purposes also. You can see their products at mdmshelters.com. They also offer party tents, greenhouses, large portable buildings, and the like.
- 4. Rhino Brand Portable Garages and Shelters offer portable garages and shelters. They have nominally priced products and charge lesser shipping charges on the products. The black scrim material used increases the life and galvanized structural steel tubing increases the strength. Rhino Brand also offers a two year warranty on their products. Visit them at portablegaragesandshelters.com
- 5. Yet another company is http://www.sears.ca/. Sears specializes in providing portable shelters apart from its other range of products.
- 6. The Habitat and Long Habitat series of portable shelters from Design Shelters Inc. are of good quality and well in demand. The company claims that the product can be erected in 30 minutes time. Their new venture is the yurt-like structures suitable for living and camping purposes. Also in the product line are standard pop-up tents and pre-fabricated or permanent cabins. See their products at designshelter.com
Also available in the market are shelters for ice fishing. These are specifically built to resist the extreme cold weather and may not be suitable for hot regions.